Delhi Public School Bangalore East is a safe, secure and sensitive school for all the students and promotes a progressive and holistic development of every child. To protect the rights of all the students, to provide them with a safe and secure learning environment, the School Administration prohibits acts of bullying, harassment, and other forms of aggression and violence.
All administrators, faculty, staff, parents, volunteers, and students are expected to refuse to tolerate bullying and harassment, and to demonstrate behavior that is respectful and civil.
WHAT IS BULLYING?
“Bullying” or “harassment” includes
- Indecent gestures or written, verbal, graphic or physical abuse
- Cyber bullying
- Any act that is reasonably perceived as being dehumanizing, intimidating, hostile, humiliating, threatening, or otherwise likely to evoke fear of physical harm or emotional distress
- Any forms of retaliation against individuals who report or cooperate in an investigation under this policy
Such behaviors are considered to be bullying or harassment whether they take place on or off school premises, in a school vehicle or at any time or place where a child’s imminent safety or overall well-being may be compromised.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ANTI-BULLYING POLICY
The Anti-bullying policy includes
- Prohibition of every form of bullying, harassment, whether in the classroom, on school premises, immediately adjacent to school premises or when a student is travelling to or from school.
- If any incident of bullying or harassment results in substantial disruption of the school learning environment, severe action will be meted out against the defaulters.
The school Administration expects students to conduct themselves in a righteous manner in keeping with their levels of development, maturity, and demonstrated capabilities with a proper regard for the rights and welfare of other students, school staff and other personnel who are associated with the school.
The school Administration will determine whether an alleged act constitutes a violation of this policy. The Principal shall conduct a prompt and complete investigation of each alleged incident after which a report will be drafted. The parents of the students involved shall receive written notice from the school on the outcome of the investigation.
The School Administration prohibits reprisal or retaliation against any person who reports an act of bullying or harassment or cooperates in an investigation. The consequences and appropriate remedial action for a person who engages in reprisal or retaliation shall be determined by the administrator after consideration of the nature, severity and circumstances of the act.
Consequences and appropriate remedial actions for a student who engages in one or more acts of bullying or harassment may range from positive behavioral interventions up to and including suspension or expulsion, as set forth in the approved code of student conduct.
All other members of the school community, including students, parents, volunteers, and visitors are encouraged to report any act that may be a violation of this policy.
The Internet Policy of Delhi Public School Bangalore East is issued to regulate the use of the internet for academic purposes only.
The terms and conditions as stated in this document is applicable to the students of DPS Bangalore East. They reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned below:
- Students are advised to abstain from posting or sharing inappropriate material on social networking sites.
- Students should not engage in cyber bullying by posting email, blogs, video footage, images, photographs on social networking sites, chat rooms, YouTube, SMS, MMS which are violent, aggressive or threatening, vulgar or obscene.
- Students should restrict themselves from sending or posting information that is defamatory to the institution and to the members of the school fraternity.
- Students should refrain from introducing malicious software onto the network of the institution and / or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic communication systems.
Students are hereby directed to abide by all the policies as stated above and understand that they are liable for suspension or expulsion from the school should they violate any of the provisions of these policies.